At Haven Home Heating, we understand your unique heating needs and are committed to providing top-notch furnace installation services you can count on in Kingston. With our team of skilled and certified HVAC professionals, we’re dedicated to ensuring that your new furnace is installed with precision and care, delivering the warmth and peace of mind you deserve.
Haven Home Heating is the company to turn to for a smooth and expert installation process, whether you’re updating to a more energy-efficient system or replacing an outdated furnace that no longer meets your needs!
When you buy a brand new high-efficiency furnace, our technicians are already familiar with the manufacturer’s specified method of installation and the best practices other contractors don’t know.
Properly installed, your new high-efficiency furnace can pay for itself in savings across approximately the first 4 years of use.
What is the process of a furnace installation?
The process of installing a furnace is bound to vary between residences because all homes and furnace installations are unique. That said, this kind of equipment installation is highly complicated and should always only be carried out by a qualified HVAC expert with the necessary training and experience. Having said that, the following is a broad outline of what to expect while working with the crew at Haven Home Heating for your furnace installation in Kingston:
1. Initial consultation: Homeowners will have the chance to speak with a qualified home comfort advisor before their installation starts. This advisor will evaluate your particular needs, the design of your home, your financial situation, and more prior to selecting what kind of furnace is best for you.
2. Site planning: On the actual day of your booked appointment, a team of qualified HVAC specialists from our crew will set up the job location to guarantee that your house is not harmed while operations are taking place.
3. Disconnecting the outdated furnace: Our specialists will next turn off the electrical and gas to your old furnace. Technicians will then carry the appliance outside of your house and remove it for disposal.
4. Putting the new furnace in: Our expert team will vacuum up the space around your furnace to get rid of any collected debris or dust before putting it in the new unit.
5. Power hookups: After that, our crew will meticulously connect your unit’s electrical, oil, or gas connections depending on the type of furnace you have installed.
6. Thermostat installation: A thermostat that controls how the furnace runs and how hot or cold it will be put and connected.
7. Testing: The furnace will be tested to make sure it is running correctly. A specialist will then adjust the system for maximal efficiency.
8. Safety checks: Several safety examinations will be performed to ensure that there are no leaking gases, toxic carbon monoxide emissions, or additional risks.
9. Cleaning: To make sure that nothing is left behind after the installation is finished, our service team will clean up their workspace and the surrounding area.
10. Demonstration of equipment: A brief tutorial on how to utilize your recently installed heating system will be given to you by our team of professionals before they leave.
There are numerous activities that must be finished before a new furnace can be put into operation, which is why you need to work with a qualified and skilled HVAC company in Kingston, Ontario, like Haven Home Heating!
Haven Home Heating is a leading option for Kingston, Ontario, residents with years of industry experience and a dedication to customer satisfaction! Contact the experienced and professional HVAC staff at Haven Home Heating to schedule a consultation appointment with a home comfort advisor!
During this appointment, one of our home comfort advisors will sit down with you to discuss your needs and finances in order to assist you in selecting the best unit for your home. We’ll also give you our inside scoop on our current seasonal offers and financing options to help you save money on your new heating system. You’ll even get an estimate for the price of a new system!
How many hours does it take to install a furnace?
The average time needed to finish a conventional furnace installation is 4 to 8 hours. However, the complexity of the installation, the kind of furnace you’re installing, the size of your home, and whatever extra work is necessary can all affect how long it takes to install a furnace. Let’s take a closer look at some of these factors in more detail below:
· Type of furnace: The installation time may vary depending on the type of furnace being installed, including gas, electric, oil, and high-efficiency models. Compared to oil furnaces, which could need additional work, such as installing an oil reservoir, gas and electric furnaces are often installed more quickly.
· Ducting and venting: The installation might go more quickly if your current ducting and venting systems are in good shape and compatible with the new furnace. The installation process may take longer if adjustments or repairs are required.
· Size of your home: Installations may take longer for bigger houses with more complicated heating systems, particularly when numerous zones or intricate ducting systems are part of it.
· Preparation work: Clearing the work area, disconnecting the old equipment, making structural changes, and other preparation tasks will also influence the installation time.
· Additional features: Adding capabilities to the new heating system, such as a new thermostat, humidifier, or air purifier, can cause the installation process to take longer.
· Weather conditions: Unfavorable weather can cause installation delays for outside parts like venting or gas lines.
Before work starts, it’s crucial to go over the anticipated installation time with the HVAC company you’ve chosen for the job, as they can give you a more accurate timeline. That said, it’s essential to keep in mind that a comprehensive and skilled installation is vital to guarantee the furnace functions well and securely, so it’s worth taking the time necessary to do the task properly. As such, we suggest booking your installation appointment on a day when you have no other pressing obligations so you can better avoid any scheduling conflicts.
Upgrading your home’s heating system but haven’t chosen an HVAC company to partner with?
With years of professional experience, Haven Home Heating is a top choice for homeowners living in Kingston, Ontario! For a consultation appointment with a home comfort advisor, get in touch with Haven Home Heating’s skilled and knowledgeable HVAC team!
Our home comfort advisors will sit down with you during this meeting to help you choose the ideal unit for your house while taking into account your requirements, financial situation, and special characteristics! In order to help you save money on your new heating system, we’ll also reveal to you our insider information regarding our current seasonal discounts and financing choices. You’ll even receive a cost estimate for a new system!
How do I prepare for a furnace installation?
To ensure your furnace installation runs smoothly from start to finish, it’s essential that homeowners prepare their homes before the installation crew arrives. Here is a closer look at some tasks homeowners will need to do before their installation appointment in Kingston:
· Choose a qualified HVAC company: Do your homework and choose a trustworthy HVAC contractor who possesses the required licenses and qualifications, like Haven Home Heating! They will assist you in selecting the best furnace for your house and will walk you through the installation procedure.
· Clear the work area: Make sure the area around your current furnace and where the new furnace will be installed is free of obstructions. Clear any blocks, messes, or debris to provide technicians room to work.
· Create access: Ensure that the installation site is easily accessible to the technicians. This can entail clearing the path by moving any furniture, crates, or other obstructions.
· Protect flooring: To avoid dirt or damage, cover the flooring that leads to the installation site with drop cloths or plastic sheeting. Installing a furnace can be dirty, so it’s essential to safeguard your home from potential damage.
· Maintain safety: To ensure their safety and the technicians’ productivity during the installation, keep kids and pets away from the installation area.
· Provide details: Be ready to give the HVAC technicians any details they may require, such as where to find any gas or electrical lines, your preferred thermostat settings, and any unique heating needs you may have.
· Have a plan B for heating: If the installation takes longer than expected, prepare a backup heating source. You might need to utilize space warmers or temporarily relocate to remain comfortable during the day.
· Ask questions: Feel free to ask the HVAC technicians any questions you may have regarding the installation procedure, including the schedule, anticipated hiccups, and any required post-installation maintenance.
As you can see, there’s a lot that homeowners can do to prepare for their upcoming furnace installation. However, if you have any further questions, we recommend reaching out to the team at Haven Home Heating to speak with one of our team members!
On the other hand, if you have yet to book your furnace installation with us, we suggest reaching out and scheduling a consultation appointment with one of our home comfort advisors!
Our home comfort consultants will collaborate with you to choose the ideal unit for your house, taking into account your requirements, financial situation, and special characteristics! In order to help you save money on your new heating system, we’ll additionally share more information about our current discounts and financing options. You’ll even receive a cost estimate for a new system!
To schedule your furnace installation consultation with Haven Home Heating in Kingston, Ontario, give us a call right away!
Can I install my own furnace?
No, it is not recommended that homeowners install their own furnaces if they are not qualified and certified HVAC professionals who understand how these types of equipment operate. Here are a few key arguments in favour of leaving furnace installation to the professionals:
· Significant safety hazards: Furnaces use electricity or natural gas, which can be hazardous if not managed appropriately. Inadequate installation can lead to fire hazards, electrical dangers, gas leaks, carbon monoxide leaks, and more.
· Local building codes: The installation of a furnace must abide by any relevant safety standards and local building regulations. HVAC specialists know everything about these codes and are able to make sure that installations comply with all requirements.
· Warranty issues: Many furnace companies require installations to be performed by certified professionals in order to uphold the warranty. If you try a DIY installation, your warranty may be voided, which can be expensive if you experience subsequent problems as a result of improperly fitting your furnace.
· Proper sizing: Your home’s square footage and heating requirements are factors that HVAC technicians undertake in order to calculate the right size and capacity for your furnace. Inefficiency, premature wear and tear, and more significant energy costs can result from a furnace that isn’t the right size for your home.
· Ducting and venting: A properly installed furnace must also have functioning ducting and venting systems. Inadequate installation can lead to efficient airflow, uneven warmth, and higher energy costs if the furnace is compatible with your current duct system.
· Complexity: Installing a furnace is a challenging task requiring knowledge of plumbing, ducting, gas, and electrical wiring. It also needs specialist instruments, which the majority of householders lack.
· Efficiency: A furnace installed by a professional is more likely to function at its highest level of efficiency. This can result in reduced utility bills and an extended heating system lifespan.
· Indoor air quality: A correctly placed furnace will guarantee excellent indoor air quality by reducing the chance that combustion pollutants like carbon monoxide can reach your living areas.
· Peace of mind: By hiring a pro, you can rest easy knowing that your furnace will be installed correctly and operate securely and dependably. Additionally, it lessens the possibility of costly repairs or unforeseen breakdowns.
As you can see, there are numerous reasons why installing a furnace in your home should be conducted by a professional HVAC company rather than a DIY attempt. Therefore, if you’re considering a new furnace for your home in Kingston, Ontario, don’t hesitate to reach out to the professional and experienced HVAC team at Haven Home Heating to schedule an at-home consultation appointment with a home comfort advisor!
During this consultation appointment, our home comfort advisors will work with you to determine the suitable unit for your home that considers your needs, budget, and unique home features! We’ll also give you the inside scoop on our current seasonal discounts and financing options so you can save money on your new heating system! You’ll even get a free new system purchase quote!
Call us directly to schedule your furnace installation consultation in Kingston, Ontario, with Haven Home Heating!
We stand behind our work and our people. For up to 2 years from the day we install a new heating or cooling unit, we will repair, replace, or refund anything necessary until you are 100% satisfied. That’s our guarantee to you.
“Haven Home has installed my furnace and now a new air conditioner. They also service my equipment yearly. They are very professional and have done an excellent job for me. The technicians worked quietly and hard, installing the new A/C and left everything clean and tidy when the job was completed. They were very polite and provided all the information I requested.”
“Andrew, Cuyler and Peter did a phenomenal job of installing our furnace. They were prompt, friendly, courteous and professional. Their work was incredible. They had many challenges on top of installing the furnace; converting a natural gas dryer and stove to propane, installing an ecobee, and working the entire time in a cramped crawl space. They were here for five days and we truly enjoyed seeing them work.
They left our basement cleaner than it was when they came! I would highly recommend these guys to anyone!”